Ball Chain Manufacturing Co., Inc.
This Site is the property of Ball Chain Manufacturing Co., Inc. (“BCM”). Your privacy is important to BCM, and we are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of customers and visitors who use our Site.
Information Collected on This Site
We may collect information from you online when you purchase merchandise through this Site in order to ensure a quality online shopping experience. When you purchase merchandise through this Site, we will ask you to provide certain personally identifiable information such as your name, shipping address, e-mail address, telephone number(s), credit card number and billing information (name and address for billing if it differs from your shipping address).
BCM may collect and use personally identifiable information in a limited number of ways. We may use the information we collect to complete transactions, to track and verify orders, to send you information about promotional or special offers (if you have so requested) and to respond to your inquiries.
We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with this Site. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We may collect the following types of personally identifiable information through this Site:
* Information You Give Us: We may collect information you give us, such as your name, shipping address, e-mail address, telephone number(s), credit card number and billing information (name and address for billing if it differs from your shipping address), when you purchase a product or register with us in the "Create an Account" section on this Site. We may also collect information about someone other than you, including that person's name, shipping or mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address when you purchase a gift or perform a similar transaction for the benefit of a third person on this Site.
* Information We May Collect Automatically: We may automatically collect certain types of information whenever you interact with us on this Site, such as your IP address and the type of web browser you use. This information may be linked to personally identifiable information if you have registered with us in the "Create an Account" section of this Site.
* Information We May Obtain from Other Sources: We may obtain information about you from outside sources and add it to, or combine it with, your personally identifiable information, including information such as:
1. Credit information that allows us to complete transactions of BCM products and services;
2. Commercially available demographic and marketing information from third parties that allow us to improve our quality of service to you and inform you of products that may be of interest to you; and
3. Update delivery and address information from our shipping agents and other sources, which allows us to maintain current and accurate records to improve our quality of service for your benefit.
Uses Made of Information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
* To ensure that content from this Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
* To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
* To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
* To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
* To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods which may be of interest to you, and we or they may contact you about these by e-mail.
Information Shared with Third Parties
We do not share your personally identifiable information with other third parties, with certain exceptions. We may share your information with certain third parties, such as processors of credit card transactions, who help us perform the functions just described. We also may share information when we are legally required to do so, such as in the case of an investigation, legal process or other legal proceeding. We also may share information to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of this Site. In addition, we may share information to limit our legal liability and to protect our rights or property, this Site, or the rights or property of our customers or members of the public.
Links to Other Websites
Our Use of IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report "aggregate information" to our advertisers. "Aggregate Information" is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns that we collect, from which individual customer identities have been removed.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They may help us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using secure socket layer (SSL) technology. The encryption process converts the characters that you enter into code that is then securely transmitted over the Internet. When you place an order, a small padlock will appear at the bottom of your browser indicating that any information provided cannot be viewed by a third party.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely private or secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to this Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Making Changes to Your Personal Information
You can create an account with us in the “My Account” section of this Site. Through your account, you can access and edit any of the personally identifiable information that you have provided by entering your e-mail address and password and using the "Edit Account Information" feature in that section. You may also change your personal information in your account profile.
Our Policy on Contacting You
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means with information about goods similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you or where you have consented. You can opt out of receiving such communications from us at any time by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.