***Updated as of October 5, 2022***
This Site is the property of Ball Chain Manufacturing Co., Inc. (Ball Chain). Your privacy is important to Ball Chain, and we are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of customers and visitors who use our Site.
Information Collected on This Site
To facilitate the purchase and shipping processes and enhance the online user experience, we may ask you to provide certain personally identifiable information. We may collect information from you online when you purchase merchandise through this Site in order to ensure a quality shopping experience. We use an external provider to run our store, BigCommerce. Based in the United States (US), BigCommerce is a participant in the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework (Privacy Shield) and is committed to providing the highest level of service and data protection. You can check BigCommerce’s participation in the Privacy Shield here on the official site of the International Trade Administration (ITA), U.S. Department of Commerce.
We may collect the following types of personally identifiable information through this Site:
- Information You Give Us: After you provide consent, we may collect information you give us, such as your name, shipping address, e-mail address, telephone number(s), credit card number and billing information (name and address for billing if it differs from your shipping address), when you purchase a product or register with us in the "Create an Account" section on this Site. We may also collect information about someone other than you, including that person's name, shipping or mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address when you purchase a gift or perform a similar transaction for the benefit of a third person on this Site.
- Information We May Collect Automatically: We may automatically collect certain types of information whenever you interact with us on this Site, such as your IP address and the type of web browser you use. This information may be linked to personally identifiable information if you have registered with us in the "Create an Account" section of this Site.
- Information We May Obtain from Other Sources: We may obtain information about you from outside sources and add it to, or combine it with, your personally identifiable information, including information such as:
- Credit information that allows us to complete transactions of Ball Chain products and services;
- Commercially available demographic and marketing information from third parties that allow us to improve our quality of service to you and inform you of products that may be of interest to you; and
- Update delivery and address information from our shipping agents and other sources, which allows us to maintain current and accurate records to improve our quality of service for your benefit.
Our Use of IP Addresses and Cookies
To foster a smooth navigation experience and for system administration, we may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type. For example, this might include information related to time-stamp, the last page or product you visited and the indication that you logged in. We do that in order to:
- remember who you are after you log in so that you do not need to authenticate at each click;
- monitor if our website is running with the high performance we are dedicated to providing;
- let you browse between products without having to start back from the home page at each click;
- remember if you put something in your shopping cart before you decide to checkout; and
- control that your data is processed securely.
For the same reasons, we may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They may help us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service.
Uses Made of Information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from this Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- to notify you about changes to our service.
Under applicable law and regulation, we may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods which may be of interest to you, and we may contact you about these by e-mail.
Information Shared with Third Parties
We do not share your personally identifiable information with other third parties, with certain exceptions. We may share your information with certain third parties, such as processors of credit card transactions, who help us perform the functions just described. We also may share information when we are legally required to do so, such as in the case of an investigation, legal process or other legal proceeding. We also may share information to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of this Site. In addition, we may share information in other limited circumstances, pursuant to applicable law and regulation.
Links to Other Websites
Storage of Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is encrypted and stored on secure servers, using secure socket layer (SSL) technology. Any payment transactions will also be encrypted using SSL technology and will be Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) compliant. The encryption process converts the characters that you enter into code that is then securely transmitted over the Internet. When you log onto this Site or place an order, a small padlock will appear on your browser indicating that any information provided cannot be viewed by a third party. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely private or secure. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to safeguard personal information and protect against unauthorized access.
Making Changes to Your Personal Information
Once we receive your consent, you can create an account with us in the “My Account” section of this Site. Through your account, you can access and edit any of the personally identifiable information that you have provided by entering your e-mail address and password and using the "Edit Account Information" feature in that section. You may also change your personal information in your account profile. Should you wish to permanently delete your personal information in our systems, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Policy on Contacting You
We will only contact you by electronic means with information about goods similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you or where you have consented. You can opt out of receiving such communications from us at any time by e-mailing us at email@example.com.
SMS/MMS Mobile Marketing Program
User Opt In: You may elect to receive SMS/MMS mobile messages by affirmatively opting into our SMS/MMS Mobile Marketing Program (Program), such as through our online enrollment. By opting in to join the Program, you affirmatively agree to participate in the Program. By participating in the Program, you agree to receive autodialed or prerecorded mobile messages at the phone number associated with your opt-in. Not all of our messages are sent using an automatic telephone dialing system (ATDS or autodialers). Message rates may apply.
User Opt Out: If you do not wish to continue participating in the Program, you agree to reply STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE, or QUIT to any mobile message you receive from us. You may receive an additional mobile message from us in order to confirm your decision to opt out. You understand and agree that texting words other than those set forth above is not a reasonable method of opting out. You may verbally request one of our employees to remove you from the Program.